Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Morning Prayer for the Young and the Restless!


Well, it's 7:10 AM on Tuesday Morning and I have been up for about an hour and a half! For most people getting up at 5:45 is somewhat normal, but me, I usually don't go to bed until about 1:00, so that's kind of early! Oh, well, thank God my roommate works at Starbucks and get a pound of coffee a week, so I don't have to pay $2 for a cup.

Tuesday mornings a group of us usually get together to pray, which is very rewarding despite the fact that we have to get up a whole hour and a half earlier than we normally would to meet with each other. This may be the reason we usually have only about 4 who meet, or 3 to be more specific about today. First we prayed for our mission trip this summer; 1) that God would give us the ability to function efficiently and effectively in a culture much different from here in Raleigh, NC. After all, $2,700 is a lot of money to fly to Asia and be discombobulated. We might as well go to East Tennessee if we want to be that way. 2)We then prayed for God to grant us all that we need to even make this trip (safe plane tickets to get us there and back, money to go, etc.). 3.) We then prayed for God allow us to lay a few bricks for the Church that Jesus is building and this spring boarded us into praying for our own city, specifically for people we know, like my new friend from Chennai, India. What a great guy! We trust God with all these things and it is truly a good thing to do so.

We also thanked God for His promises to Himself. We actually benefit from God's faithfulness to His own word. I'm glad He's not like man that He should lie! Jesus promised to build His church; God the Spirit promised to bring people to Himself; Jesus promised that God the Spirit would dwell in the faithful; and Jesus promised that all of the power that had been given to Him from the Father would be given to us to fulfill our Great Commission! Maybe we should drop the definite article and take a little more ownership in the GC and make it a little more personal!

All in all, it was a good morning. We got to talk to God; we were able to reflect on His goodness; we were encouraged by the promises He's initiated; and we got to start our day of in the fellowship of the Spirit. Thank God for morning prayer. I'm still restless, my day is about to be spring boarded into another 12 hours shift, and my coffee maker just cut off (it's been keeping my coffee hot for two hours, you know)! Oh well, I'm young so I can handle it. Better go get my last cup of coffee before it gets cold!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I am going to look like a stalker, leaving 2 comments (and being the only one!) but I had to say: I feel like that East Tennessee comment was directed at me >:(

East Tennessee is a lot less discombobulating than Fuquay. :)