Monday, July 14, 2008

NASCAR goes to China

hey guys! After a 30 hour trek across the world we are here and well. very tired, but well. We had our first class today which went very well for the most part. The people here are very hospitable and appreciative that we have come. I kind of feel like a celebrity because people stare at us all the time. I guess we do kind of stand out. there are chinese people everywhere. Today we will probably learn a little chinese. The living conditions arem much different from back home but they have done a great job making our stay as comfortable as possible. We'll teach for the next 9 days then we'll make our trip back. I did teach my class today what NASCAR was and who Dale Earnhardt Jr. is. I also showed them a picture of his car and me and my dad standing beside Dale's #3 : ) Redneck as it may be at least they thought it was cool. I told them that i saw Yao Ming at the Coca Cola 600, so that got me some brownie points with them. LOve y'all and i look forward to seeing you when we get back.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness. You told them about Nascar. I happen to find that hilarious! Glad you're settling in an teaching some! Hope it continues to go well, and know that we're praying for you and the rest of the team!

shaebe27 said...

AH Yoa Ming..i saw him in a hallway and he had a piece of athletic tape stuck on his rear. his calves were bigger than my torso..
anywho..so great that you got to blog already..good luck teaching, um i cannot imagine teaching in china!!

praying for you and the rest of your team..pretty much everyone here is:-)